Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Further to recent Blog Letter - yesterday's posting

Further to:  Citizen for change comment on – The Oppression of English in Quebec – My opinion
 
I will keep my comment and opinion brief as I happen to be one of approximately 600,000 mostly English speaking Quebecers who because of the the overall feeling of oppression being applied in Quebec back in the ‘60’s and 70’s decided to live my life elsewhere. I do however have deep feelings for Greenfield Park and my good friends living there.
 
I believe that the majority of Quebecois (especially after the baby boomer generation) could accept a ‘live and let live’ attitude when it comes to equal rights, but much the same as the majority of the Muslim population are neutral and refrain from violence, they are frightened by the backlash that would inevitably occur should they speak out (thoughts of Pierre La Porte and other horrors)  -  so the minority (who remember the oppression which they lived under way back when, blamed mostly on the “English” when it mostly rightfully lays on the shoulders of their church and crooked politicians) hold the whipping stick while the silent majority say nothing.
 
What Quebec needs is a “White Knight” like a French speaking Churchill or Roosevelt to gather the troops and march forward until the wrongs are righted. Come to think of it, all of Canada needs a white knight.
 
Another citizen’s opinion!!
 
Bob, I noticed that today’s blog letter was unsigned  -  My name can appear if you are so inclined!!  -   Win
 
Thanks Win..... unfortunately the writer failed to provide their name however I felt their comments to be both valid and appropriate for the present political climate in Quebec.
 
In support of the people of the province I must clarify that they had, in their opinion, reached the limit of tolerance with the previous party and as an alternative at voting time the people of the province spoke out against both the Liberals and the Conservatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment