Total Pageviews

Friday, August 30, 2013

How I got scammed by a major Ontario Crime organization, A.K.A.The Ontario Government.



I received my vehicle Licence renewal application 2 weeks ago.  I need to
purchase my licence plate sticker by November, 2013. It costs 82 dollars - up from
$74 dollars last year - that's about a 9% increase in one year - Who gets
a 9% increase on their pay cheque ??? However, if I buy it after September 1, 2013,
it will cost me 90 dollars. Yes, this is a rip-off in itself.
However, this is not the issue. The issue is, my 2006 vehicle requires
a Drive clean emission test this year.  After all, the Ontario Government has created
a wonderful emissions-testing system that is designed to control the amount of
pollutants vehicles discharge into the fresh air of Ontario - praise the Lord !
So, I take my vehicle in to have it tested at $39.45 - yes, they added tax - a
double whammy.
My vehicle fails the test. Now, the mechanic explains to me that the Government
has set a repair cost limit of $450, in order to receive a conditional emission test pass
This will be accomplished by having the mechanic run a diagnostic to find the
problem, complete repairs and an emissions re-test.
The mechanical runs the diagnostic and discovers that the electronic fuel pump needs
to be replaced - a cost well over $450 - so we do not do any repairs. A re-test is then
completed  and I receive my conditional pass (good for one year).
 
W.T.F. just happened -  I spent $228 in total and did not do a single repair
that would help protect the environment - my vehicle is in the same  condition
that it was prior to the emissions testing. All I received was a licence sticker
worth 84 dollars.
 
The Ontario Government does not care about the Environment, they
just took the money ran.
I was scammed for all that money for nothing !!
 
Thanks Joe Y

1 comment:

  1. When Conservatives introduced emission testing in Ontario
    environmentalists complained that the money drivers were forced to pay could be better applied in a variety of ways that would have more impact.

    When the Liberals assumed office it was expected the tests would be discontinued or comprehensively altered to resolve the shortcomings.

    And there we sit.
    EB

    ReplyDelete