Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 6, 2014

More on the Champlain Bridge

There are those Canadians that. in my opinion, are either uninformed or would rather be the cause of discontent rather than the source of National unity.

The Champlain Bridge is, and always has been the property of the Federal Government which means any tax dollars spent on repairs and or replacement are the responsibility of the National Party in power at any given time.

Without a doubt as an ex-Quebecer I have some misgivings about how I and my family were treated by the Parti Quebecois government of Rene Levesque however the vast majority of Quebecers have been staunch supporters of the Canadian economy.

Does Quebec have a valid argument for separation..... yes..... but so does Alberta, British Columbia and now Ontario.... do you really want the break up of this great country?

I sure as hell don't. My great grandparents came from New Brunswick. my grand parents were born in Quebec and my mother was born in Alberta. I have relatives or friends in every Province of Canada with the exception of Saskatchewan, Yukon and the Northwest Territories.

This is my Canada, my country, my home and I will do whatever needs to be done to maintain unity and loyalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment