Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Yes this is us!! (with all due respect)

Senior citizens are constantly being
      criticized for every conceivable deficiency
of the modern world, real or imaginary. We know we take responsibility for all we have
done
and do not try to blame others.





HOWEVER,
upon reflection, we would like
to point out that
it was
 NOT senior citizens who took:

The
 melody out of music,

The
 pride out of appearance,

The
 courtesy out of driving,

The
 romance out of love,

The
 commitment out of marriage,

The
 responsibility out of parenthood,
 
The togetherness out of the family,

The
 learning out of education,
 
The service out of patriotism,

The
 Golden Rule from rulers,

The
 nativity scene out of cities,

The
 civility out of behavior,

The
 refinement out of language,

The
 dedication out of employment,

The
 prudence out of spending,

The ambition out of achievement or
 

God out of government and school.




And we certainly are NOT the ones
who
eliminated patience and tolerance
from
personal relationships and interactions
with
others!!
YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN!
 
I'm the life of the party..... Even if it lasts until 8 p.m.
I'm very good at opening childproof
caps.....

With a hammer.

I'm awake many hours before
my body allows me to get up.
I'm smiling all the time,
because I can't hear a thing you're
saying.

I'm sure everything I can't find is
in a safe secure place, somewhere.

I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy,
and that's just my left leg.

I'm beginning to realize that aging is not
for wimps.
Yes, I'm a SENIOR CITIZEN
and I think I am having the time of
my life!
Now if I could only remember who sent
this
to me, I wouldn't send it back to them.
Or, maybe I should send it to all my friends
anyway.
They won't remember, even if they did send it.
Spread the laughter
Share the cheer
Let's be happy
While we're here.
Thanks Norman
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment