Total Pageviews

Friday, September 12, 2014

This is so typical of EL and Scum News Network

saima jamal's response to ezra levant's slander

As many of my colleagues and fellow peace activists are aware of, I’ve had untrue claims levelled at me by SUN News commentator Ezra Levant. He has weaved a false narrative with synthesized statements by removing context and even removing key words from my statements. He also completely fabricates statements about me that have no basis in reality. Levant has a history of using these strategies in order to instigate hate among his followers against activists and this case is no exception. As a result Ezra’s followers have used my gender, race, and religion as a basis for online intimidation, threats, and to malign me.

The first claim is levelled against me as well as my peers who have organized the various Peace Rallies in Calgary. He claims that they were “Pro-Hamas Protests” despite the fact that our press release for the rally clearly and explicitly stated that we ask both sides to stop their unjustified attacks against civilians. In the press release we stated that we “recognize that attacks against Israeli civilians are equally abhorrent” to attacks against Palestinian civilians. Furthermore as organizers of the rally we restricted signs and paraphernalia that endorsed any Palestinian political parties. The aim of the rally, as mentioned in the press release, is to present support for an immediate ceasefire. Ezra Levant’s attempt to smear human rights activists with this fabricated claim isn’t based on anything real.
 
I am so fed up with these bigoted and misinformed attacks on new Canadians regardless of their religious or ethic background.
 
My son converted to Islam and married a Pakistani woman. When you attack Islam you are attacking my son and by extension me...... I refuse to post the many pieces of garbage that arrive in my mailbox due to their ignorant and uninformed contents.
 
My sons father-in-law is a highly respected International Corporate Lawyer and well entrench in the Liberal Party of Canada. He and his wife are gentle, kind and peace loving people.
 
Grandpa is a former Brigadier General in the Pakistani Army and was asked by the UN to oversee the safety of voters during Afghanistan's first elections. 
 
"As in all societies there is more good than there is evil"
 
I challenge you all to stop forwarding these messages of hate

No comments:

Post a Comment