Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Newfoundland painter

Newfoundland painter by the name of Skipper Drover, while not a brilliant scholar, was a gifted
portrait artist. Over a short number of years, his fame grew and soon people from all over the country were coming to him in  Long Harbour for his paintings.

One day, a beautiful young woman pulled up to his house in a stretched limo and asked Skipper if he would paint her in the nude. This was the first time anyone had made this request and it had Skipper a
bit perturbed. The beautiful lady told him that money was no object; in fact, she was willing to pay up to $50,000.

Not wanting to get into trouble with his wife Skipper asked the lady to wait while he went in the house and conferred with Rose, his missus.

In a few minutes he returned and said to the lady, “T’would be me pleasure to paint yer portrait, missus. The wife says it’s okay. I’ll paint ya in da nude, but I have ta leave me socks on so I have a
place to wipe me brushes”


Thanks Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment