Total Pageviews

Friday, December 12, 2014

8 years as PM - and still not capable of running the country

I'm a Lifelong Conservative But I'm Running for the Liberals

Become a fan

Liberal candidate, Kelowna-Lake Country

I am a retired military officer and fighter pilot for the Royal Canadian Air Force. I am a business leader. I am a Christian. I was born in Tory-blue Alberta and grew up in the B.C. Interior. I have never smoked a joint in my life, and I always voted Conservative. You could say I'm not your typical candidate to be a Liberal Member of Parliament. Given the conduct of Prime Minister Stephen Harper, however, the choice was clear.

Here's how I got here.

My journey "out of the blue" began in 2010 with the Harper government's decision to purchase 65 F-35 fighter jets for Canada's air force. Stephen Harper said these planes would replace our aging CF-18s and provide great benefits to Canadian industry. Plus, they would only cost $14.7 billion.

What he said was also completely untrue. I was floored that our government could be so irresponsible with our tax dollars.

The F-35 is technically risky, ill-suited to Canada's priorities and comes with no guarantees. Its real price will be far greater than what Harper claims. The F-35 fiasco awakened me to the ugly truth that I had supported a government that has completely lost sight of everything it said it stood for. The deeper I looked the more disappointed I became.

READ MORE: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/maj-stephen-fuhr/stephen-fuhr_b_6302482.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment