Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cut a leaf?

Delicate Leaf Cuttings By Omid  Asadi
My name is Omid Asadi and I currently live in Manchester, United Kingdom. I created this work with carving and cutting techniques on actual fallen leaves using a craft knife and a needle. I always try to create pieces with a message, not just beautiful art. Some of these messages or ideas come from my world view, poems, stories, global problems and philosophy. I’m also inspired by other artists’ and designers’ works.

 
Leaf’s Mind


I’m very attentive to beautiful fallen leaves. Suddenly, I started SEEING them, not simply looking at them.
 
 
 
Carriage



I believe that we look at many things everyday, but don’t SEE them. For example, apples had been falling from trees for Thousands of years, but only Isaac Newton truly saw that and, thanks to him, our lives have changed forever. 
 

Dandelion

Che Guevara



Once I visited a paper cutting exhibition at Manchester Art Gallery; that was when I noticed the leaves as well.
 

Love

I mostly use maple leaves because, in the area I live, I can find them easily.
 

Eagle

I use a craft knife or scalpel and needle. It is not like a paper cutting because each part needs a certain pressure to cut. If I make a mistake, I destroy maybe hundreds of hours of work.
 

Eye

Feather

For me these leaves represent our life, which is too short. I’m trying to give them another life.
 

John Lennon

Simorgh (phoenix)

I remember when I was a little kid, I used to draw on The back of rose petals and leaves with a needle.
 

Old Hand

Persian Cheetah

I created this work to support the Persian Cheetah,
Which is a species that is at risk of becoming extinct.
 
Nature’s Scream

I have received loads of positive feedback from the public and media, and I am glad people like my works and enjoy them. This
Shows how we can create beauty, love and make this world better
For all of human kind and other creatures instead of suffering
From wars, conflicts, diseases, hunger, hatred, etc.
 
Me In Action
 
Thanks Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment