Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The GG David Johnston makes real Canadians want to puke.... he is so un-Canadian it is disgusting

Dare to give me a break: Fiorito

I’ve seen the ads in print and on TV, and I’ve finally had a bellyful: the governor-general of Canada is a dupe of the Prime Minister.
 
I draw your attention to the initiative called, tritely, “Dare To Give,” and the corresponding website, “My Giving Moment.”
 
The GG, David Johnston, is daring us to give our time, and to donate our money, to charity. There is nothing wrong with volunteerism or donations, but the governor-general corrupts his office when he falls for the lure of the special project.
 
Never mind his good intentions; this is partisan political egotism, in the high American style; will all future governors-general now be required to assume office with some particular hobby horse or special interest in hand?
 
Clearly, of course, “Dare To Give” was approved, and perhaps even initiated, by the Prime Minister. This is risible, and it weakens the office of the GG.

READ MORE: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/11/27/dare_to_give_me_a_break_fiorito.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment